It turns out my eyes weren't playing tricks on me - he DID sprout! In the last month he gained almost another pound... and grew another inch and a quarter! The nurse even measured his length twice to be sure it was really that much more. According to the CDC growth charts, his numbers put him at 95th percentile for height and halfway between 50th and 75th percentile for weight. I just looked at a Chinese growth chart and his weight and height are both off the top of that one! I liked how the pedi put it: with good nutrition, this is just his body catching up to where it was meant to be. There are so many parallels I can find with that, but I'm too sleepy to get too philosophical tonight. :) She seemed pleased with his verbal development and didn't bring up the need for Early Intervention services this time. She asked if he said at least 6 words...I told her I counted more than 20! I think we'll keep playing it by ear and see if that's something we should pursue down the line if he needs help verbalizing. He was a trooper with the shots and doesn't seem to be reacting as much as the last round. Last time he had a fever almost immediately and was feeling puny right away. Other than being tired tonight and a teensy bit clingy, he seems to be holding up much better. That's 'cause he's a big boy now. :)
Once again, I can't say enough how amazed and just extraordinarily lucky I feel to find my kiddo in such good health. My expectations were just so different and I was so concerned about reports that showed him being so tiny in China. But here he is, my tall, solidly built toddler with nothing but more exponential growth ahead of him.
I Could Never
15 years ago
1 comment:
I just looked at pics from China. No way! He has changed so much! : ) I am so happy to see him thriving in his loving home with his loving mommy!
Post a Comment