Thursday, October 2, 2008

OK I Confess

I had a good laugh at myself today. Poor WeiJ would have mentioned it sooner if he could have, but... as it turns out, the Orajel I have been putting on his gums for the last couple of weeks wasn't doing much good. I don't know why but for some reason today I picked up the tube to read the ingredients or something...and that's when I saw it. In smaller print under the label... it's frickin' TOOTH AND GUM CLEANER and not the pain reliever!! Oh my poor boy. And my poor finger - I think he's chomped down every time I've put it on. I figured it was worth it before, since he needed relief from teething pain. But for clean gums? That's what the brush is for!! In my defense though, this was one of those last minute toss-in-the-cart purchases from right before we left for China. My brain wasn't quite focused. And apparently it's just now caught up. Oops!

Anyway, the boy with the sparkly clean gums had a blast at the park today. He decided he was ready to try the spinning tire swing and LOVED it. He went higher on the slide and loved that - whereas last time he seemed really iffy about it. And to make it even better, someone had left their little shovel and plastic bowl there so he got to scoop up rocks, dump them into the bowl and then transfer them by hand back to the scoop. Well, half got transferred. The other half either got thrown a handful at a time, rubbed in his hair, or were part of about a hundred attempts to put one in his mouth. I should just start saying yes to things I know I don't want him to do - then he probably won't want to anymore. He liked the swings again, and laughed when I got on the swing next to him. I think it was about a minute before he realized my swing went higher so he was demanding to get out of that silly baby swing and onto mine. Yes, I see rollercoasters and thrill seeking in this one's future!

On a slightly sentimental sad note, I think the time has come to retire one of my favorite little outfits from the trip. I put on his "Junior Explorer" outit and it pretty much fits like a unitard instead of a shorty... *sigh* He's been napping and eating more this week so I'm sure he's about to sprout another inch or so. No doubt I'll be adding several more to that Outgrown box soon. Didn't he hear the doctor say he can't continue to grow exponentially forever?

1 comment:

FHL said...

I'm afraid I had a chuckle at your expense with the Orajel. At least you caught it....I probably would have never noticed :o)