Anyway, I know you don't visit to hear about me. :)
Wei J was in a fantastic mood today, a very welcome change from yesterday. When I brushed his teeth this morning, I noticed a new tooth breaking through. Guess I can't blame him for being cranky! He was in a silly mood and sooo loveydovey. He fought the second nap though, so I decided to let him skip the nap so we'd hopefully be in bed before midnight tonight for a change. This was a good day to skip a nap too - he loves Wednesday evenings with his Ayi and ShuShu! He was so excited to show off all of his new words and skills. Pretend play is a new entertaining twist. He fed Ayi pretend cereal out of his tupperware bowl and made smacking noises for her to eat it. After dinner, he was crawling around under the table with his tongue out, pretending to be a dog. I just did a quick search on the developmental timing of pretend play, and it looks like that's about a 2 year old skill. See, I'm not just biased. :) We went shopping after dinner to see if I could find a costume for WeiJ before we're stuck sorting through remnants. No dice, but it wore him out so much that he fell asleep on the 3 minute ride home and went straight to bed without a fuss. It's an hour later and I still feel like doing a happy dance! Walking through the parking lot, the temperature was finally feeling like Fall and a nice breeze was bringing just the right kind of chill. I looked over at WeiJ catching a ride in ShuShu's arms -- kiddo had his head back, eyes closed, and smiling at the breeze in his hair. I love watching him savor moments like that.
I had a chance to get behind the camera tonight - the good camera, not my weenie little point 'n shoot. The lighting is giving me fits but I'll get it figured out. Here are a few of my favorites from today. You'll just have to wait for the rest on WeiJ's 17th Month slideshow!
My musical little maestro

Playing piano with Grandpa

Little snuggler found a comfy spot

Yeah, I think ShuShu kinda likes him :)
No comments:
Post a Comment