So what age do kids start identifying matching colors? Now I wish I'd studied more about developmental milestones during the wait. All along I thought odds were he'd be delayed and would have some catching up to do. Instead, he's far above and beyond at 16 or 17 months and just soaking things up like a sponge. WeiJ has been showing a different interest in his taggie blanket - shown here - lately. He wants to know what each tag color is...over and over and over and over. I've been using the colors to show him where that particular color might be on his clothes or in the room, just trying to plant those seeds in his brain. Today he pointed to the one orange square patch on his shirt, then pointed to his orange shoes. Holy cow!! I never expected that it was actually sinking in already and that he could make those connections on his own initiative!
My little reader has the book right side up!

WeiJ was in another fantastic mood today. Here are a few random notes I can share...
He'd slowed down on the eating for a couple of days, but today it is SO back on! He had a big lunch, then 15 minutes later he was asking for cookies so I gave him a cup of fruit. 15 minutes later he was asking for cereal, so I gave him his snack trap of Cheerios and added some apple fruit puffs to it. I noticed that they are the shape of a star so I showed him and started singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. He smiled so big! His favorite part is when I get to "up above" ... he chimes in with "upubba!"
Baby's growing up - I put away the 6-12 month clothes and he has officially graduated to size 4 diapers. Banner week! Unfortunately I made the mistake of not opening the new box out of his sight. Rookie mistake - I should know better! So now all he wants to do is pull out diapers, drop them on the floor and announce "dy-da" with each one. Nap time sounds like a good time for Mama to go find a place to conveniently hide a case of 200 diapers.
Baby's growing up - I put away the 6-12 month clothes and he has officially graduated to size 4 diapers. Banner week! Unfortunately I made the mistake of not opening the new box out of his sight. Rookie mistake - I should know better! So now all he wants to do is pull out diapers, drop them on the floor and announce "dy-da" with each one. Nap time sounds like a good time for Mama to go find a place to conveniently hide a case of 200 diapers.
He's ready for Halloween, running around in his orange jack-o-lantern crocs and toting his Elmo bucket. Mama's not so sure she likes him having shoes he can take off himself, but he sure loves it. Speaking of shoes, I looked back at some old photos (not exactly intentionally - WeiJ just likes to sit here and scroll through the photos on the blog and admire himself) and noticed his old red shoes. It's only been a month and a half...how can shoes already seem that old and so long ago? Could be because he's on his THIRD pair of shoes already! These sandals are big enough to last probably a little while, but sandals and cold weather aren't exactly the best match. Then again... that's only an issue what, maybe 2 or 3 weeks out of the entire "winter"?? This morning was on the cool side (yay!) so he got to wear long pants for a little while. He thought he looked pretty spiffy today. I might just have to agree.
Do they come any cuter than this?

Surely it can't get cuter than this...

Nope. Couldn't possibly be any cuter, bed head and all. :)

2 comments:
I love love love his new pictures and stories. His new winter outfit is so handsome,(I refrained from saying "cute.") : ) He was in such a fun mood on Wednesday! I know this is just a glimpse of what's to come.
I love the shoes! Hmm...great appetite, slows down, starts again with a vengeance....sounds like yet another growth spurt. It's wild how quickly they grow at that age!
I'm glad your eyesight is alright. I'm sure that was a huge relief to discover. I've mixed mine on more then one occasion....always slightly alarming.
Post a Comment