Saturday, October 25, 2008

The squeakysqueaky of (not so) little feet

Thanks to a verrry kind family who just got home from China with their precious son, Wei J spent the day running around and dancing to hear the squeaking of his new pair of shoes. I knew I missed hearing that squeak - I just didn't realize how much until I heard it again. That sound is a little reminder of everything about our time in China...and apparently just plain fun for Wei J! His original pair lost a squeaker before we even left China, so I think he was extra excited to have both feet in the game this time. As an added bonus, the little character on the shoes is a mouse, his favorite new word lately. I couldn't even begin to count the number of times he came up to me today to announce that he had "mmmah" on his feet. So cute! Hearing the rapid-fire squeaks from this running and dancing toddler made me a little sentimental, remembering the irregular and unsteady squeaks in China as Wei J was gaining his balance and ability to steer. It's just another reminder of how much progress he's made in such a short amount of time and why last month seems like forever ago. So if September to October brought us from unsteady walking to running, I wonder what November has in store?

No comments: