Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A pretty piece of paper

After the initial foggy thought of whyyy is he up so early today?!? I looked up at the happily bouncing Wei J and noticed there was something different about him this morning. But what could be different from one night to the next morning?

His HAIR! It must have grown that magical last fraction of an inch and is now lying nice and flat on his head! He's still got the baby monkey fuzz in a few spots but for the most part, it looks like there is hope that we'll be able to grow it out after all.

Small victories. :)

Of course, he must have known it was going to be a big day. We got his official Certificate of Citizenship in the mail. He looks so tiny and serious in the photo, taken just one week after we met. Hmmm, and by coincidence I dressed him in red, white and blue today. Now I can get to work on getting him his Social Security card and then after I do the re-adoption process, a U.S. passport in his American name! He's been a citizen since we landed on US soil last month, but seeing it in black and white sure was nice!

2 comments:

FHL said...

I didn't know we'd have to do a re-adoption process once back in the states! Our agency had told us that as long as we both traveled our adoption would be completed in China, minus the post placement checks.....yet another step...sigh.....

Congratulations on being official! :o)

Wei J's Mama said...

It's not required - actually I think that may be state dependent. But I just read that their passport may be issued in their Chinese name if the name change isn't done with the readoption process. I just want to avoid any conflicts with different papers showing different names. It will also be easier on the kids in the long run...if they ever need a copy of their birth certificates, they'd be issued copies by the state. So more paperwork, but for me anyway it will mean some peace of mind.