Tuesday, October 28, 2008

On a lighter note

OK, enough mush. We now return to our regular scheduled programming...

With the weather change we've been spending more time outdoors - much to Wei J's delight of course. Today we toured parts of the neighborhood we haven't been to lately in a quest for the coolest Halloween decorations. No, I don't even have a pumpkin out front. Slacker mama, I know. Anyway, he kicked his legs and "EHH!"ed constantly to make sure I was aware of every pumpkin in the neighborhood. (Kind of like he announced "ball!" to pretty much each individual basketball, soccerball and football on the aisle at the store.)

This week Wei J has either just discovered or just taken a new interest in his shadow. It may take us forever to walk to the mailbox on the corner, but our trip just wouldn't be complete without stopping every few steps to wave and flutter our fingers! Today he was leaning over the side of the stroller to watch his shadow keeping us company. It was a little bit cute. :)

Wei J hasn't busted out with any new words in the last couple of days - that I know of. But lately I've noticed he is abandoning the sign language as a baby thing he doesn't need anymore as he expresses himself more verbally. I think the only time he uses it anymore is to reinforce what he is trying to say if I'm not catching on. Well, I think we're finished with the sign for finished or all done. Today at lunch, he said "more"...and then shook his head no. As in, no more! I asked if he was finished and he enthusiastically nodded his head. Good grief. Finished is too hard to say yet, but he came up with a different way to say it with the tools he already has. Amazing. Even more amazing is probably that he hasn't started saying No yet. The two's are coming though...I'm sure I'll hear it PLENTY and I'm in no hurry to start!

After bath tonight, I didn't want him walking around with a damp head with allll that hair he has now so I tried to see if he'd wear one of the little winter hats I bought ages ago. I call this series the O.G. in Panda PJ's. ;)

Not too sure what to think of it at first

Until I asked if it's the kind of hat his ShuShu wears.
Wearing his hats off to the side already, trying to give panda PJ's and a rocking horse hat a bit more edge. That's just how he rolls.

No comments: