Sunday, October 5, 2008

Introducing WeiJ as Goldilocks

I've been trying something new as part of the bedtime ritual, especially during those times when WeiJ is so tired he takes forever flopping around, singing, babbling, and doing everything but sleep. I thought I'd try pretending like I was sleeping - hoping my breathing would lull him into dozing off. I remembered that sound always had that effect on me in China so it was worth a shot. Well, it still works on me. Half the time I really do fall asleep. :) But while I'm awake it's fun to steal peeks at WeiJ lying there practicing his sign language (he is struggling with getting ball right but is determined!) or practicing his words while he plays with his feet (lately I hear a lot of duck, whisper, more, up and down). Yesterday he decided to take the snuggling into his own hands and it was so hard not to laugh! He crawled over, laid down next to me and apparently my arm was in the wrong place. So he sat up, moved my arm and laid down again. It still wasn't right so he started over. And finally on the third try he got it right and had created just the right space between my side and my arm. He relaxed, rolled over on his side and went to sleep with both arms wrapped around mine. Yeah, that was pretty sweet. :)

3 comments:

Chelle said...

This is such a sweet example of how much he loves his mama. His progress is the best part of my day. : )

FHL said...

Oh my goodness, that is just melt your heart sweet! What a cute little teddy bear you have there!

FHL said...

Oh my goodness, that is just melt your heart sweet! What a cute little teddy bear you have there!