Saturday, October 18, 2008

Little Pumpkin at the Patch

Wei J had quite a day today! We headed to a pumpkin patch in a cute little town that feels quiet and quaint but is really just a short drive outside the city. I think most of the families there were wanting photo ops more than pumpkins, and most of the kids seemed to be in tears and not interested in cooperating. Not Wei J, of course! He was hounded by twice the paparazzi but took it all in stride. :) Even with the tricky lighting I think we came away with some good stuff. I haven't had a chance to look through all of them and I'm not positive who to give credit to for some of them, but for today's post I'll share some of my favorites so far.

I'll be the first to admit I did more shopping than I should have during the wait. There were a couple of outfits that stood out for me - when I looked at them hanging, I could almost picture them filled with little arms and legs toddling around the room. They made him tangible for me. They brought hope for that little life to come and gave him depth beyond just a referral photo. These overalls were one of those special outfits and the pumpkin patch was a perfect place to wear them for the first time.




As soon as we talked about going to a pumpkin patch, I knew I wanted this shot and I'm SO happy that my little guy miraculously held still long enough for me to get it!

And as soon as I picked his outfit, I knew I wanted this shot...

Remember a couple of weeks ago I said butterflies are following us? Look who decided to hitch a ride on Wei J's backside.


Ayi snapped this cute one - Wei J would have been happy to sit and play in the straw for hours!

This series is a little blurry, but the pure joy on his face makes me want to cry. I also love the crossed fingers - I don't know what that's about, but he loves doing it.

And just in case you thought we didn't have Game Day on our minds, here's Wei J wishing his fingers were long enough to Hook 'Em. \m/


What a day! Wei J finally decides he is ready to be wheeled home. :)

2 comments:

FHL said...

My favorite was the last one in the wagon. He looks tuckered out from all the fun :o)

Teenuh said...

Oh how stinking cute.