Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Dose of Reality

Wow, benefits enrollment didn't used to be this stressful! It's all done though, unless I change my mind (again) in the next hour. I know I am fortunate to have these options, but it's so hard to guess what kind of medical expenses we'll have in 2009 when I've only been doing this for less than two months! Choosing the plan wasn't the hard part - it's the health savings accounts, dependent care accounts, life insurance, dependent life, disability... and then that bottom line number made me a little dizzy. But I have to admit, seeing his name under "dependent" and "beneficiary" did make me smile. :)

Anyway, back to the fun stuff. Our first real cool front is blowing through tonight, so we went for a walk to the park after dinner. We went from shorts and sleeveless top earlier this afternoon to long pants, long sleeves, and even a light jacket for the first time. (OK so it's just barely under 70 degrees but I couldn't resist!) He was in full-on performance mode tonight for his Wednesday night audience. It didn't take him long to fall asleep afterwards though. Demonstrating all your new games, words and skills from the past week is exhausting stuff!

No comments: