Monday, October 6, 2008

Another Day at the Park


WeiJ enjoyed another day at the park today. Of course the first word out of his mouth was duck...sorry buddy, not all parks have ducks to feed!I didn't say that though - I said let's go look for them! Ducks, where are you?

The timing of our visit apparently coincided with marching band practice for the high school next door. Conductor WeiJ approves!


And I'll bet this one is something different that what you'd think at first glance...

No, we didn't have urgent potty needs. When I noticed him focusing on the sound of the drums, I started patting out the beat on my leg. The front of my leg. WeiJ thought his backside made a better musical instrument. ;)


Hey mom, is this the rock you didn't want me to eat?
Little stinker now likes to pretend to put rocks in his mouth just to see if I'll react. I'm pretty sure an acorn got in there for a little while, but I can live with that.

You want me to go down that slide?

Just kidding. I don't actually know what prompted this face but it's a new expression I don't think I've seen before. He hadn't even seen the playground yet and was just being his nutball self!

Did you know that tickle monsters can launch surprise attacks at the top of a slide? WeiJ didn't. :)


He loved both of the slides, and I loved that neither one was particularly slick and the landings were gentle. But for some reason, about the 10th time down the slide just wasn't as much fun.


Sometimes I wonder what's going on in that mind of his. Here he's looking up at me from the bottom of the slide - just love the softness of his expression.

Again, a penny for the thoughts in that sweet little head.


He's so difficult to read sometimes...think this boy is happy?

4 comments:

Chelle said...

This is my favorite update! All the expressions are so fun! I think I need a Wei-J fix! : )

Kevin, Jake and Violet said...

Such a cute little boy!

Kevin, Jake and Violet said...

Kevin left a comment, but I just had to post again as I looked at your blog and saw how big of a boy Wei-J has become. I can't wait until he and Jake meet one day. My little guy is sleeping now, and I am listening to that breathing. It is heaven. Looks like you had a fun day at the park, even if there were no ducks. We walked around a lot this morning before eating lunch and then laying down. Jake usually fights sleep, but today he tried to crawl in the crib, and I gave him his water bottle and he was out in 5 minutes.

Violet

Teenuh said...

omg the cutest photos. man he is growing fast!!