Thursday, September 11, 2008

Last post from China!

So almost all my RMB are successfully spent, Baby J is happily splashing in the tub and entertaining his LaoLao, and all that's left is to cram way too much stuff into suitcases that seem to have shrunk in the last couple of weeks. Amazing how much we've accumulated! Our hotel rooms have pretty much looked like they've been hit by a tornado since Baby J entered our lives and I will be SO HAPPY not to live out of a suitcase anymore. I think we're all looking forward to our own beds, our own homes and our own food with fruit and salads and ice in our drinks. Don't get me wrong - I LOVED being in China and experiencing all of this, but after two weeks I'm just ready to be home and get this little one settled. Right now he thinks our lives are going to consist of eating, shopping and napping all day every day! Once we get home I will fill in the blanks from posts that I started as drafts but never published. I did a couple of those yesterday but it's still a work in progress.

The bellman will be up for our bags at 5:30am and we're off to the airport. We're all keeping our fingers crossed that the weather doesn't affect our flights. It's going to be a long day no matter what - we fly from here to Shanghai, Shanghai to SFO and then SFO to home. Keep us in your thoughts...a 16 month old who only wants to be outside, confined to a row of laps on an airplane for umpteen hours should be just a barrel of fun!

2 comments:

Kevin, Jake and Violet said...

From a whirlwind of activities to a virtual whirlwind. I know you live south, and right now everyone's talking like Hurricane Ike is going to swallow all of Texas. Hope you got through the weather and are home safe at last with Baby J.

Violet

Teenuh said...

It was so fabulous to see you today. Congratulations mama. :) I'll post my pics as soon as I am reunited with my camera cable.