Sunday, September 14, 2008

Settling In

What a character this kid is. He did really well today in his first full day at home. We opened up some new toys, went for 2 walks and had a couple of naps. He had his first taste of Mexican food - looks like country sausage and egg might be a winner! I tried to grab a few photos today but I can see that I'm going to have to upgrade my camera to one that has a quicker shutter speed that doesn't give him time to switch back to serious-face every time I try to take a picture!

I call this one "your camera is so much lamer than shushu's...I'm turning off my hammy charm until you're done."

And "mom, didn't they tell you not to buy diapers before you knew my size? You bought a whole case from Costco anyway??" OK really it's the "ball, where are you" pose but that giant box of diapers taunts me. Think I can use a whole case before he goes from 25 to 28 pounds??

So what is Baby J going to be when he grows up? An engineer? He is fascinated by figuring out how things operate. This particular car has a sunroof that flips open and closed...apparently enthralling.



Or maybe a conductor? He does love music but I'm not sure if I can detect any rythm yet. :) Somehow, I wouldn't be surprised if whatever he does he'll have an audience.

Looking at the latest photos compared to 2 weeks ago, it seems like the name Baby J doesn't fit anymore. I think he'll have to graduate to the nickname coined by his uncle: Wei J. (Wei is the surname given by the orphanage.) It hasn't even been 2 full weeks and he's already growing up before my eyes. Seriously, look at this big guy!
So there's the Wei J photo fix for those of you who wanted one. :) Hopefully all of our upcoming photos won't be with this same expression!

2 comments:

Kevin, Jake and Violet said...

How do you pronounce "Wei" ?

Violet

FHL said...

I think he HAS grown! He looks like such a sweetie!

We finally broke down and purchased a Nikon D40X a few months back...love it. We can finally capture J's full personality. One of my good friend has the Canon Rebel and I'm not sure if it's her (photography savvy) or the camera, but her pics are gorgeous as well.

Hope you and your little man have a wonderful week!