Once again, the Ergo saves the day. We've been having trouble getting WeiJ (the name Wei rhymes with J) on to a normal sleep pattern so that means I'm not sleeping either. He just does a series of naps and we're not going to "bed" until around 5. Then there's no telling if he'll be up at 6,8,10,12.... or any or all of those times. He was fighting sleep again tonight so I thought I'd give it a shot...strapped up and headed down the street. He was out cold just after the end of the first block. Magic!
Night time rituals are getting longer and longer too. We're up to 4 books, then we have to love on the 2 beanie dolls he's obsessed with. Last night I asked him to give them a kiss and tell them nightnight so he did the same tonight...but how cute is it that after he kissed one he hugged and rocked it? Awwwww.
New skill unveiled yesterday to great delight: walking backwards. He still can't quite steer but is pretty impressed with himself. He's also starting to zone in on eyes and ears on everything and not just noses.
New skill unveiled today to even greater delight: putting his face in the water during his bath. He used to cry if water dripped on his face so imagine my surprise when he leaned over and put his face in the water, made a BUH sound and then laughed hysterically! He didn't care that it was in his ears or in his eyes and thought it was the greatest trick. So what did sneaky me do? I rinsed the shampoo out by dumping a cup of water on his head each time he leaned down to the water! Water was running everywhere but he still laughed hysterically so I'll ride this phase as long as I can! We'll work on the motorboat noise next.
New "first" today: grilled cheese sandwich. Yummm. He devoured half of the sandwich at dinner and then on the ride back was pointing to the leftovers to eat more. Another growth spurt on the way already?? After dinner we stopped at the pet store and had to wave byebye and blow kisses to each fish tank. I think I might have to time the next trip for naptime. ;)
I am constantly amazed that he is doing this well and it's easy to forget he's only been with me for 2 weeks. Two weeks! If we could get the sleep thing down, the sky's the limit for his progress!
I Could Never
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment