There really is no place like home!
Baby J was an amazing trooper on all 3 flights home. He only fussed briefly a couple of times - once before landing in Shanhai (and fell asleep about 15 seconds before we landed) and once while we were waiting too long on a hot plane to take off from SFO. Again, he fell asleep just before the actual takeoff. My little guy slept right through immigration in SFO so it was a bit of an anticlimactic moment when he became a US citizen. He also slept through the swearing in at the Consulate so for all he knows, nothing's changed. ;)
So here we are 31 hours after waking up this morning and it's still Friday. But I'm home. Baby J had a bashful attack at the airport today - I guess that many hours of traveling can make even the hammiest ham feel a little worn out. He went to sleep tonight at his normal time after a bath and reading 2 books. Well 3, if you count reading the Nose Book twice! He's a little hesitant about the cat and doesn't really want much to do with her. The dog is definitely more than he was ready to handle today so we're keeping a good distance there too.
I'm so glad to be going to sleep in my own bed tonight - and boy does this mattress feel super soft after the beds in China! I can barely keep my eyes open to type this so I'll finish the rest of my thoughts tomorrow. Time to go put some ice on these tree stump ankles and hope for the swelling to be down when I wake up. I think every part of me needs lots and lots of good rest this weekend. Whether or not that happens remains to be seen...let's hope he's asleep for real and doesn't just think this is a nap!
I Could Never
16 years ago
1 comment:
Welcome home!
Sounds like you had an awesome trip. Of course, getting Baby J would make any trip awesome, no matter what else happened.
We got an update and a new pic of our Jacob. Go take a look if you find the time.
Kevin
Post a Comment