Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Finally!

WeiJ and I finally got a real night's sleep! He was all smiles when he woke up and immediately signed for "eat." I think we might be back on track - he even went down for his first nap at the usual time. This is happy, happy news for me!
It dawned on me that I'm not sure I ever mentioned what "ShuShu" "Ayi" and "LaoLao" mean. Oops! ShuShu is maternal uncle, Ayi is maternal aunt, and LaoLao is maternal grandmother. Guess that explanation probably would have helped along the way! I'll also be adding links on the sidebar for those who were interested in reading shushu and ayi's blogs. I'm not sure how often they'll update or if they will continue to be related to WeiJ (but really, how could they not when the sun rises and sets with him?) but I'll put them there just in case.

I'm also planning to write new posts to cover what I missed the first time around. There was so much to this trip that my limited attempts didn't do justice to the sights and events of those days. I'll start again from Day 1 in Beijing and go chronologically. Or try to, anyway! Who knows, if you're good you may even get a slideshow or two thrown in for good measure. :)

1 comment:

Kevin, Jake and Violet said...

Woo Hoo! Sleep. Isn't it amazing how the simplest things take on new meaning?

I can imagine we will be craving sleep ourselves soon. We're nearing the final countdown.

We can't wait to read and see more your trip.

Kevin and Violet