Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Our First Wednesday Dinner at Home

The days go by so fast. I'm so grateful to have all of this time off with just the two of us. Granted, I wouldn't be fully functional at work anyway...but having this time to watch the leaps and bounds is once in a lifetime.

Not much exciting today other than playtime tonight with Ayi and ShuShu. The belly laughs and squeals of delight were probably audible from the neighbors' houses. :) WeiJ was definitely sleep deprived today but the silver lining in that is we were out of the bath at 9:38 and he was out like a light at 9:47. No books, no walking, no singing. Just out cold.

I think I mentioned the Baby Einstein signing dvd we watched last night. Can you believe that today he busted out the sign for "more" and knows exactly what it's all about? After he finished a cracker he gave the sign to ask for the next one. Amazing how quick kids pick this stuff up. We only made it through half the dvd but I'm hopeful that this little sponge will absorb these words and that will help cut down on some frustration of not being able to communicate his needs. Hmmm on second thought, maybe it wasn't a new word after all. I know he already knew the signs for "eat" and "milk" - I wonder which other words he knows and I'm just not recognizing them?? He's probably thinking I'm dense for not understanding!

That was really the only "new" thing I noticed today. He's also been trying to say the word diaper for more than a week and I'm seeing him communicate that a lot more frequently. I think we may be approaching potty training already. He says something that sounds like "dyedye" and when I ask "diaper?" he grins and points to it. He's telling me after each time he goes so that I can change him to a fresh diaper. That's the first step, right?

Yes, I realize this is probably the most boring blog *ever* but I'm just trying to make sure his LaoLao, ShuShu and Ayi don't feel like they're missing out on all the fun! :) It's just so amazing to watch how much new there is every day when the whole world is new to discover. Plus when I print this off it will be like a journal of his first days and months and years...and by then who knows what details I'll remember!

Since I didn't pull out the camera today to catch mr. crankypants in action, here's a gratuitous cute photo from Guangzhou, on the way to the red couch. As in, when he was still smiling...

1 comment:

FHL said...

There's so much that I know I've forgotten, I WISH I had been blogging when J was a baby. You'll cherish reading through this for years to come.