Saturday, September 27, 2008

One for the ducks, two for WeiJ...

WeiJ had a GREAT afternoon today with ShuShu, Ayi, and Ayi's mom L and brother K (hey Ayi, what names should I give them??) at a giant park with spring fed pools complete with bridges, fish and ducks. What more could a kid ask for? We didn't even make it to the playground, paddle boats or train. I'm guessing we'll be back there A LOT. Maybe eventually he'll even give the ducks more bread than he eats! He would wave his arm like he was going to throw but then shoved the bread in his mouth. I'm not sure who he thought he was faking out - us or the ducks. I'm just glad we had good bread and not the moldy loaf I was going to bring!

We pretty much walked along the water's edge and fed ducks until we ran out of bread. Now, WeiJ's already getting a reputation for being a little ladies' man. So what does he do when we've run out of bread to feed the ducks and are headed back to the car? I noticed that he stopped to charm a group of adults - 2 men and a woman. Then I realized why...he spotted the bread from her sandwich in her hand! Little turkey was trying to woo her for her bread!

So...new developments for today: WeiJ couldn't stop saying "Duh!Duh!" and pointing at every duck he saw...and even some that I didn't see. He's also started quizzing me I think - I've been having him practice the signs that he knows but today I realized he was initiating the game. HE was doing the signs first and would smile really big when I got the answer right! I've definitely got my work cut out for me to keep that brain engaged!!

ShuShu took photos for us today but I don't have them on this computer to post. Should be some cute ones though! Instead, I'll just share one I grabbed this morning to go along with the theme of the day. (And LaoLao, if that belly grows another inch I'm not sure I'll be able to get that outfit back on him!)
Fish Face

1 comment:

FHL said...

What an incredibly smart little man you have! I love the bread story....ummm, I will confess though to eating a bit of bread myself on those types of expeditions... ;o)