Monday, September 22, 2008

First Trip to the Playground

I just found a little playground in the neighborhood the other night on one of our pleeeease-child-go-to-sleep walks. I decided to take WeiJ out there today to see if I could wear him out before nap time.

Hat for baby...check
Socks and squeaky shoes for baby...check
Sunscreen for baby...check
Ziploc with wipes and a couple diapers...check
Cold water in the baby bottle...check
Cold water in my bottle...check
Sunglasses for me...check
Cell phone...check
Camera...check
Cheerios in the snack trap...check

Baby ready to play...ehhhh, not so much.
We got to the end of our street and he was out cold. I let him sleep for the couple of blocks till we got to the park.


He wasn't sure what to make of the swing at first and kept sliding himself forward but it wasn't long before he figured it out and was signing for "more." I couldn't capture the grins on camera (of course) but he was throwing his head back and laughing.
He seemed to mayyyybe like the slide too but is still a little unsure about that one. Little rocks are fun...in fact I think we still have a couple in his pockets. But he wasn't too keen on the dry crunchy grass to run on so we went back to the swings and just hung out there.

After an hour we came back and he was starving so we ate a few noodles and he was ready for night night! I think it took me 6 or 7 minutes of laying down with him before he was snoring. YES.


No comments: