Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Little Nutball

This little piggy went to market... WeiJ was much more self-entertaining today. He spun in circles in the living room to get himself dizzy, he pushed his cars and school bus across the floor, he danced to the music in his head (and really got the funk with some Maroon 5!), and was a hoot to watch when I put down a folded blanket on the floor for him. Since he kept stopping to lay down (for all of about 5 seconds before he was up and off again) I thought he might crash out for a nap soon. So I brought out the blanket...nope, no nap. Instead he got this big grin on his face when he stepped onto the blanket and then off again - maybe it was the textures under his bare feet? I was saying "soft" and "hard" for the blanket and the tile, over and over as he switched his feet back and forth. Then what did he do? He spied the rug by the door and decided to check out that texture. He spent a good 20 minutes walking these big loops around the room to work in both rugs and the blanket. What a nut!

We also learned "what does doggy do?"... and yeah there's an exaggerated pant that goes with this photo!
Bedtime was a rough one for us tonight. It only took THREE HOURS. I think mr. crankypants has some teething pain and was happy for the anbesol. He did stop his fidgeting for at least 17 minutes (yes I looked at the clock) - I had left the Ergo on the bed from walk #2 and he was trying intently to put it on himself while I pretended to sleep. He got straps over his shoulders like a backpack and kept trying different configurations, even messing with zippers and biting the clips. I was amazed he worked at it that long before getting frustrated! I think I'd have been cursing by that point. :) I'll have to try to catch that one on camera at some point. I could go look into what's a normal timeframe for concentration on a task at that age, or I could just chalk it up to budding genius. :) Who knows, maybe he'll be the one to design an even better carrier someday!

No comments: