Sunday, September 28, 2008

16 Months or 16 Days?

To look at him, it's hard to believe that he's been home for only 16 days and not the whole 16 months.

It's also hard to believe that a month ago today, we were off on our way to China at the very beginning of the most amazing journey. A month ago today, I left home with a suitcase, a duffel bag of donations, and list of unknowns a mile long but a heart filled with hope. A month ago today, I only knew the photos I had been memorizing for the past 4 months. I knew the whats and whens but nothing about the who. A month ago today, I hadn't yet stood on the Great Wall or strolled the gardens of the Summer Palace or been struck by awe of the beauty in the culture and community of the Chinese people. A month ago today, I think the best part of my life was about to begin.

1 comment:

Kevin, Jake and Violet said...

Sounds heavenly. I'm so glad you guys are adjusting well!

Violet