I'm so happy that WeiJ loves books! Right now our favorite is Dr. Seuss' "Mr. Brown Can Moo" which he asks for by making the bzzzzz sound for the bees. But today he started showing more interest in a lift-the-flap book called "Where's Baby's Bellybutton." That means I only had to read Mr. Brown 6 times today. ;)I brought out WeiJ's taggie blanket the other day and so far it's been mostly used as a head cover for him to walk around while I ask "where's my baby?" and then giddily pull it off for the exlamation of "there he is!" But today he discovered that hey, each of these tags is a different texture. Fun! After a few minutes he decided to test if they each taste different too...the jury's still out on that one.

WeiJ isn't as enamored with the animals as they are with him. The kitty just wants to love all over him and WeiJ thinks she makes a great target for shoes, books, balls, or whatever's within reach. We've definitely been working on adding "soft" "gentle" and "nice" to his vocabulary! Yesterday WeiJ decided the dog might be OK while he's in the crate. So OK that he stuck his hand inside ... thank goodness I have such a sweet big lug of a dog that he licked that hand all up and down and sideways. WeiJ thought that was a fun sensation so now I can't get him to stop! I told him the dog was giving him kisses so now he stands there with both arms inside the crate, making kissing noises. Poor dog, he can't escape and is now probably thinking that being outside wasn't such a bad deal! Tonight the dog must have been upgraded in WeiJ's eyes for some reason. He signed for milk so I poured him a bottle - I thought he'd sit back down and look at his books. Ten seconds later I looked up from cleaning the kitchen and saw WeiJ offering his bottle to the dog, who was happily licking milk off the nipple. A freshly scrubbed bottle, too. I'm not sure it had even been in WeiJ's mouth yet. Gross. I mean, I love my pets and all...but ick. I don't have a photo of that to share unfortunately, but I do have one of WeiJ waiting for the dog to come back inside...with that un-hammy expression again. But never fear, it doesn't last -- usually as soon as he sees the camera flash, he runs over to see how cute he looks on the display! So most of the photos I take will have to be stealth candids, so that will be pretty obvious in my angles and perspectives!

And there we have it, another exciting installment of the Days of WeiJ's Life. :)
2 comments:
Good looking, smart and he likes to share! I have been out of town for a while. Glad to see you guys are having a great time!
Violet
He is just too cute! I had forgotten about Mr. Brown, J used to love that book too!
J is just giving your pooch a glimpse of how good life will probably get in the near future....accidental (& not so accidental) treats of all shapes and sizes will likely be daily falling/flying his way. Maybe there's a little more meaning behind the old saying "a boy and his dog." ;o)
Post a Comment