Saturday, November 1, 2008

Two Months

Today marks two months as a family! In those two months his progress has been exponential - besides a couple of pounds, a couple of inches, a couple new teeth and a couple dozen words in his English vocabulary, the biggest change is he has gone from baby to toddler. A toddler with a mind as hungry as his little belly, a toddler with his own opinions and personality. A toddler who accepts me as his mama and gives his affection right back. Today I heard him making kissy sounds at the photo book I sent to China. Usually that's his cue to me to "read" the book so I can kiss on and fuss over the photos of him. But when I turned around, he was kissing my photo. *sniff*

We had a musical afternoon today - it seems he enjoys jazz so I shuffled through my itunes library to find some. Cleaning the kitchen is so much nicer when I get to watch him spinning around and doing his "music hands" to Billie Holiday, Miles Davis and Wynton Marsalis! He also bounced on his toes to Rihanna and some of my 80s music too, but it seems that jazz grabs his attention even during commercials or cartoons. He's a cultured dude, this one. :)



Today I've had the Rascal Flatts song "The Day Before You" running through my head. Out of thousands of choices it happened to be one of the songs that came on during the random shuffle of songs...and it was perfect for today. I had to fight hard not to let him see me cry!

In your eyes I see forever

It makes me wish that my life never knew the day before you

But Heaven knows those years without you

Were shaping my heart for the day that I found you

If you're the reason for all that I've been through

Then I'm thankful for the day before you.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

It's so difficult to believe that it's been 2 months... amazing. His little life has touched ours in countless ways over these two short months.