I love this time of year, especially days like today. The first real crisp air always puts a smile on my face, and it looks like WeiJ is the same way. I opened the door for our walk this morning, and when the air hit him he let out a chuckle. :) He ran and squealed the whole way, delighting in every breeze and every opportunity to wave at his shadow. Now that's the way to live life!
We spent a good part of the afternoon outside, taking advantage of the perfect temperatures and sunny skies. I swept leaves and even cleaned the windows on the outside while WeiJ played with acorns and watched the dog run crazy circles with his own giddy excitement. I think the dog was as surprised as I was when WeiJ took over the game of fetch! He stood next to me while I cleaned, scooped up the ball each time the dog brought it back and then chunked it as best as he could. I have to say it was pretty cool to watch this giant of a dog hunkering down in the grass waiting for this little man's direction. I think Cesar Millan would have approved!
Between the fun outside and the three hour nap, he had a great day. Yes, I did say a three hour nap! He slept for two hours (right during game time, yay!) and then woke up a little cranky so I cuddled him on my lap in front of the tv. He fell back asleep and slept snuggled on me for another hour. My arm was going numb but I didn't care! It reminded me of our time in China and I was just eating it up. :) He was in such a good mood after that - who wouldn't be? At dinner, he was in hysterical giggle fits. Those giggles are addicting! It was a loud and silly dinner, and he was filled with so much joy over it that as I was cleaning up his tray he looked at me with his smiling face and sparkly eyes and made his kissy sound. Mmmm, spaghetti face kisses.... :)
That crazy nap threw off his schedule for the day - so 10 minutes into our walk tonight, I noticed his head was already slumped over and he was out cold. So he's in bed now, fully dressed in his fleece jacket and sweater hat. I won't have to worry about him being chilled tonight, that's for sure!
Really, it was just an ordinary day. But I'll take this kind of ordinary any day!
I Could Never
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment