So much to be thankful for, so little time....
I only teared up a couple of times today, during random moments that struck me as reminders of how different life is this year. Watching the parade, I had a flash of WeiJ's giddy excitement in years to come as he gets old enough to understand what he's seeing. Then as I was chopping onions and celery, WeiJ was entertaining himself by bumping up against the backs of my legs and bouncing off. Things definitely went slower with him underfoot, but hearing the pure joy in that laugh is priceless. And then tonight I looked around the table it was hard not to think of family lost and family gained. Yes, life is definitely different this year...but I'm grateful for every new tradition we're about to create - with WeiJ at the center of it all. He is surrounded by love, and for that I am awed and grateful.
With my whole heart I'm thankful to be this little guy's mama. I am blessed, blessed, blessed that my brilliant, charming, precious, sweet little boy found his way home this year.
I Could Never
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment