Wei J has been trying and trying and trying some more to jump up off the ground for almost the whole time he's been home. He managed a fraction of an inch once, weeks ago...well, really a fraction of a fraction, and then he fell down. Every day I've seen him running around, on the tips of his toes and repeatedly throwing his chest up and hoping to defy gravity. Last week I noticed he almost had a skipping motion going - he was springing up pretty well on one side or the other but still not able to do an actual jump. Such determination!
Well -- tonight, he finally did it. His face looked stunned...either by the sensation of finally sticking the landing, or my enthusiastic squeal and applause! ;) Maybe it was that 2 1/2 hour nap that gave him the extra boost he needed, who knows. But over and over this evening, he practiced those cute little hops of his...and over and over we cheered his accomplishment. I'm so glad I got to see the moment he finally achieved what he'd been trying so hard to do!
I wonder what he'll set his mind to next?
I Could Never
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment