So...as of tomorrow it's back to reality for me. Well, not really back because it's a *new* reality - but my adoption leave is over and it's time to rejoin the land of grownups. Hopefully I won't break into rhyme during meetings or be caught humming whichever of WeiJ's songs happens to be stuck in my head at the moment! I had been weighing the options for what to do with WeiJ during the day, and I just don't think he's ready for a day care situation yet. He has come so far in the last couple of months, and I don't want to do anything to set him back with his confidence and sense of security. It's only been a couple of weeks now where he'll let me be in another room for a few minutes without anxiety - being apart all day is more than he could comfortably handle. He would probably cope and adapt, but I don't think that's the best move for his longterm attachment. So it was a pretty easy decision to hold off on daycare - even if he is a Doogie Howser in the making, school can wait a few months at least. A manny, that's the way to go.
So how to find a manny I can trust, that WeiJ trusts and likes, who I know is good with kids of all ages? One that knows WeiJ's story and understands the issues we may deal with and be consistent with his structure and behavior? Someone who would relish and celebrate every milestone as much as I would? And certified to teach, so we can keep that brain of WeiJ's occupied and stimulated? Yeah, that's a tall order alright. How lucky are we that I found exactly that, and he starts tomorrow morning? His name is SHUSHU!! :) I may have a hard time keeping Teddy Grahams and Cheezits in the house now...but it's the perfect fit, and I know WeiJ's going to be as thrilled as his ShuShu to get to spend that much time together. And since I won't be constantly worrying about him being safe and happy during the day, it will give me peace of mind and help me get my work done. So here's yet another piece of the puzzle falling into place at just the right time for WeiJ...one might almost think this was orchestrated.
I Could Never
16 years ago
1 comment:
The minute you said manny, I saw that one coming from a mile away! Good luck. I went back to work last week, but Baba is the one taking the brunt of leaving him at the sitter. We're lucky to only need one three days a week. I'm off during one weekday and the grandparents are watching him on Fridays. WeiJ and Shushu will have a blast.
Violet
Post a Comment