Sunday, November 9, 2008

Playing Catch Up

I've spent the last few days trying to squeeze in as much fun for WeiJ (and me!) as possible since I'm headed back to work on Monday. By the time I get him asleep and my usual nightly chores done, I've just been too tired to think of anything to write. So here's a quick recap of the last few days...

We hit the park on Friday, and this time WeiJ wanted nothing to do with the big slide. He was more than happy to go down the regular one over and over and over though! While we were there, the marching band started up again and he did his famous backside pat to the beat. I'm sure he thinks that park will always have that music now and will be looking for it next time! A confession: I bribed my child with food for the first time. I was ready to go and wanted to beat traffic, so I asked if he wanted french fries. Guess who came running back down the trail with a big smile and ready to go?

We did the zoo again on Saturday. What a difference in crowd compared to a Friday afternoon - we actually had to share the place! It was nice to be able to go right in without waiting in line though. That Members Only entrance is a nice benefit. He loved feeding the fish of course, and was happy to sit in his new stroller and take everything in. I may have some photos to share later - ShuShu was clicking away but I forgot to ask him to copy those photos onto this computer.

WeiJ is napping more this week. It can still be hard to get him to actually fall asleep of course, but once he's out he's been mixing in some 2 hour naps again. Getting ready to do some more growing, maybe? I got him some 18-24 month clothes for the winter and they just look so giant coming out of the box. Crazy that in just a couple of months we've gone from 6-12 month outfits fitting ok to needing 18-24s!

Once again, I have to say that Ergo saved the day. This whole time we've been home I've just been sweeping because I thought the vacuum might be overwhelming for him. Sure enough, he melted down for a bit the other day and had to have his hand held for the whole time. Today I decided to try carrying him on my back in the Ergo to make things a little less traumatic - and faster - and he settled right in there. Of course when he first saw it, he was giddily chanting "byebye!" When it's been 2 months since you've carried around 25 pounds strapped to your body, carrying 27 pounds on your back while you vacuum the house gets fatiguing in a hurry!

WeiJ has been pointing to my bottle of water and saying "O", which I at first I heard as eau and was starting to wonder how he possibly could have heard that word. It finally dawned on me that he was identifying the O in the Ozarka label. He's not actually trilingual....though for a second there I was ready to believe it. :)

Well after 70 days with WeiJ as my only focus, I am back to work in just about 10 more hours. I'm fortunate and grateful to have had this time with him and know it was the best thing I could have ever done for him. It's been wonderful for bonding and I'm so lucky to work for a company that offers us this opportunity. This time together has given us the best possible start to our new life and I'll miss our little bubble where we're our own little world.

No comments: