I was a little out of sorts yesterday, preoccupied with the symbolism of the day as well as trying to figure out how to get each dish prepared and ready and hopefully put together a decent first Thanksgiving meal. I'll blame the weather for throwing me off a little too. This time last year, we were bundled up in jackets, gloves and scarves. It just doesn't feel like the holidays when you're dressed in t-shirts and shorts because it's 80 degrees out! I was so preoccupied that I completely forgot to get any pictures of the big day!!
I didn't have time for a pretty table, but I can get over that. :) I did get to break out my new set of silk placemats from China though - seemed like the perfect special occasion to do that. The table was overflowing with food and we ate so much that we didn't even touch the two beautiful pies...or the honeybaked ham! We had smoked turkey, mashed potatoes, honey dijon glazed baby carrots, cherry almond salad with bleu cheese crumbles, apple raisin walnut dressing, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce and yeast rolls. I'm stuffed again, just thinking about it all!
What did WeiJ think of his first Thanksgiving dinner? I'm sure he thought it was just a new and improved version of Wednesday night dinner, with a slightly larger audience. He definitely had that charm meter dialed up to high!
I Could Never
16 years ago
1 comment:
Oh my goodness that sounds amazing! Glad you had a wonderful day! :o)
Post a Comment