My brain was jolted out of its work-mode focus this morning by the sweetest little voice saying "byebye, mama" as he was being wheeled out the door for a walk this morning. It took me a second to replay it in my head - did I really just hear that? It was his first 2-work combination since he asked for "more book" several weeks back...but mostly it was the way he said it, like he'd been saying it every day forever.
It's startling to see how much can change with WeiJ in a week. He is LOVING spending so much time with ShuShu, especially outside. Could all that sunshine be making him grow even more? He just looked so big to me today, and his feet look giant! Besides all the fun adventures outside, I think he likes having someone else around as an audience to show off all his new words. It was just a few days ago that I mentioned his vocabulary was nearing 40 -- well, better make that closing in on 50 already! And in what could be the biggest unexpected and sudden change ... WeiJ fell asleep in bed by himself twice today! I laid down with him like always and read him his usual books...and after 10 or 20 minutes of trying to settle down his silly antics that he pulls trying to stay awake, I got up and told him I'd be back and he needed to go to sleep. And holy cow, both times he did! This would be such huge progress if it's not just a fluke. But twice in one day and three times within the last week? I'm almost hopeful! Last week he was a little off kilter with the change in routine, but now I think something may have clicked. Maybe he's getting the idea that if he goes to sleep or leaves the house, when he comes back I'm always here waiting. Yes, maybe two or three times on his own isn't enough to consider a pattern, but I'd like to think it's a sign that he's reaching a new level of security. I suppose time will tell, one way or another. Aw, my little guy is growing up!
I Could Never
15 years ago
1 comment:
The "ByeBye Mama" is so sweet! He is growing and learning; I can't keep up. I am so amazed...
*tear*
Post a Comment