Sorry about the lull in posting last week. First it was my back acting up, then it was a searing headache. Sitting down at the computer just wasn't in the cards. But Wei J's doing great and that's what matters!
We took our first trip to the zoo on Friday afternoon. He LOVED it, of course. It even prompted a new word for his verbal vocabulary: bird! I think he would have been happy with just the fish, ducks, birds and butterflies. But it was fun to watch his eyes soaking everything in and processing all that was going on around him. We only saw one monkey exhibit and he was enthralled by them chasing and swinging around. Actually I think that was the first thing we saw, so that must have done a number on his brain! He rode happily in the zoo rental stroller and just got up to look at each exhibit. As soon as I put him back in, he'd start saying more combined with the hand sign for extra emphasis. He was mesmerized by the hippos in the water and intrigued by the ability to see both below and above the water through the glass. I definitely need to get this boy to an aquarium! When we stopped at the crane habitat, one crane came walking right up to the fence to check Wei J out. Since cranes are considered good luck in China, I thought that was an extra special encounter. We fed some fish...and yes, he managed to sneak in a bite of fish food for himself. Bleh! We probably could have spent the whole day on that deck and he'd have had a great time. We also fed some goats at the petting zoo - maybe it's because we have a huge dog, but he didn't seem intimidated or scared of them at all. I think it's safe to say that this kiddo shares my affinity for animals. Yay!
Unfortunately, I didn't bring a camera so I don't have any photos to share of our afternoon. But I bought an annual pass so I'm sure we'll have AMPLE opportunities to make up for it!
I Could Never
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment