I know, I missed another day! It's surprising how much of the day is lost to just chasing and tickling that giggling, squealing boy until he gurgles with contentment. Yeah, there's probably not much I wouldn't do just to hear that laugh of his. :)
I started a list a couple of weeks ago of WeiJ's verbal words because I thought the doctor might ask if we'd reached a certain level. I've been adding to it as I notice new words, and this weekend he hit THIRTY. Within the span of about a week, he's added bird (bir), blocks (bah), fire truck (ok so that one's growly and sounds a lot like his version of cracker, but he's trying!), ginger and belly button (behbuh). I think we might be able to add pear to the list - he kept trying to say it as he devoured just about a whole one!
Oh, and call me crazy...but I think he's already recognizing letters. It started with the letter 'O.' I'll be keeping an eye on that but he pointed to the O on my shirt and made his mouth in the shape of an O (without saying the letter). When I asked him if he had an O on his shirt, he pointed right next to the O in moose. Coincidence? Maybe. But *two* letters? That's too hard to ignore. I just asked him where's the H? and he turned to look at the refrigerator. I asked again, and he ran over to the fridge and reached up to grab the magnet for...the letter H!! I thought it might be too early to work on the alphabet but I guess not! His brain is obviously up for it. And mine is spinning.
I Could Never
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment