Oh, this boy is eating everything in sight. And sleeping for nice looong naps. Should I take a poll on how much he'll have grown in the month between doctor visits? His feet are visibly different too - not just longer, but broader and a little less like Fred Flintstone. They have lost some of that pudgy-baby-feet look and now offer a preview of the big strong feet it appears they'll become. I sure wasn't expecting a kiddo with the hands and feet of a lumberjack!
WeiJ had his first public outing tonight with a crowd. We went to our agency's Waiting Family dinner to introduce him to my social worker and some of the other local families who have adopted with this agency or are in the process of doing so. I was a little concerned because he missed his late afternoon nap, but he ended up doing GREAT. There was a 3 1/2 year old girl who was pretty taken with him and was very much in his face...I held my breath for a second but it didn't take long for him to appear fascinated with her too. He didn't seem to mind her climbing all over his highchair or touching him and was interacting nicely. I put him down on the ground so he could play with the kids and she immediately took both of his hands and they were spinning around, ring-around-the-rosie style. He had a huge grin on his face...until BAM they both fell. Oops. He was content to sit on my lap after that! He behaved so well and ate a ton (again) without making much of a mess. After his brief attempt at playing he was really good about just sitting on my lap while people came up to talk and didn't fuss. It was nice to have a chance to talk to people who were still in the paperchase stage and let them see what a little treasure WeiJ is, and maybe help open their hearts and minds a little more and consider the possibility of applying for a Waiting Child. The highlight of the evening for me was hearing that one family who was sitting on the fence a bit was pushed over the edge by seeing WeiJ and talking to us. Of course - how could you meet WeiJ and not be enamored? :)
I Could Never
16 years ago
1 comment:
Technically I haven't met him and I'm enamored! That must have been a fun evening. Glad you had a chance to make a difference.
Violet
Post a Comment