Oh, but does he ever make me smile! This weekend we spent a good amount of time outside - with WeiJ leading the way and setting the pace. That could mean running down the sidewalk, planting himself on the grass to examine leaves, running back and forth over a particularly fun/bumpy/uneven/textured section of the sidewalk... or for brief moments, actually holding my hand. I get a kick out of watching him stop and close his eyes to feel the wind in his hair...then stand there and wait for the wind to blow again (while he gestures at me for more like I can make that happen!). We listened to the sound of flags whipping in the wind, and even got to watch a kite flying around the corner.
On Saturday morning he walked almost the entire way to the park and back - I think it's about a third of a mile. And yes, that's almost to the park and not almost all the way back...we got distracted! It's as if his inner monologue was something along the lines of treebirddogtreeleavesbird...running... treeflowerdogtruck... running...truck... treedoorlonghornflagtreeflower... hey wait.... He did a 180 and came running back up the sidewalk to study a flag with the Longhorn logo on it and was excitedly pointing it out and saying his word for Longhorn. (Yes, he actually has a word for the logo and points it out every time he sees it!) After all that he just kept going that direction and I just followed. Who needs to stop at the swings when you have so much more to discover? Fun things like dragging the string of a balloon around the house for the kitty, or accidentally whistling when you inhale, or chasing bubbles on the front lawn... yep, he had a terribly boring weekend. ;)
We go to the doctor again on Wednesday - not for an exam, just shots. I should be able to get updated height and weight though. And whatever pound threshhold he just crossed feels like a big one. Either I suddenly got weaker overnight, or he became more solid! Must be all that running around, packing on muscle. Seriously, that lumberjack comment last week might just fit!
My little prize fighter in training - check out those paws!


1 comment:
Sounds so fun!! I really miss you guys this week... almost over though! : ) I'm glad you were able to have such a wonderful weekend!!
Post a Comment