Tuesday, December 9, 2008

And then there were 57

So tomorrow my little guy turns 19 months, making him closer to two than one. With a vocabulary of 57 words, a big strong body and the sweetest little heart, he is miles from the little boy we first met just 3 months ago. It is clearer than ever that he is feeling secure with his place in our family. I see it in the expressions on his face, the joyful spring in his step, his interactions with others, and now I see it in the ease with which he now goes to sleep. It is no longer a battle of wills at naptime and I think it has everything to do with his confidence that everything will be just the same when he wakes up. His clinging has lost its subtle subconscious anxiety and he now holds on because he wants to, not because he feels he has to. Granted, he was remarkably well adjusted from Day 1...but with every day that passes he just seems to shine brighter and brighter.

No comments: