Oops, did I really just let a week go by without a post? Everything's fine, just busy busy busy getting ready for next week. I have put off wrapping until now because there's no way the gifts would have stayed wrapped or decorated until Christmas. There have been a couple of ornament casualties but nowhere near as many as I thought there would be with a toddler and a mischievous kitty around. So far so good!
We've had a couple of what I call "two year old" days lately and the new word of the week getting *lots* of play is no. It's still cute how he says it though - almost like a sweet little new. I'm sure that cuteness will wear off any day now. ;)
With Ayi's break from school, Wei J has been enjoying lots of extra ShuShu and Ayi time. Unfortunately the weather has kept us all indoors for the most part, but he has enjoyed it nonetheless. He even got to make his first batch of sugar cookies with Ayi on Thursday and instantly took to pressing the cutouts and transferring the cookies to the sheet. And what are sugar cookies without sprinkles? He was a little too enthusiastic with that part, but thankfully did allow me to help him shake the bottle after the initial explosion of red crystals across the tray and counter. All this of course led to his newest word, cookie. At least he said celery and carrot first - that makes me feel a little better.
The first thing WeiJ wants in the morning is na - time for me to plug in the tree lights! And then after they're on, he smiles really big and says a very satisfied naaaaa. :) We took him in the car to check out some other neighborhoods and had a nice chorus of naaaaaa....naaaaa...with a few exclamations for snowmen or Santas mixed in. Yes, he's clearly a fan of holiday decorations!
And in non-WeiJ news, this week for the first time in 20+ years I found out my eyes had improved since the last visit! Or maybe it is WeiJ related after all -- could it be all those carrots I'm eating now since he loves them so much? Maybe the myth is actually true after all. Who knew he'd change the way I see the world...both figuratively *and* literally! :)
I Could Never
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment