Saturday, December 13, 2008

Photo Overload

Well last Saturday was so much fun and provided such great photos (said ever so humbly, honestly!) that I decided to try another photo session today. Besides, it was *ahem* suggested that the bulky layers of clothes may have added a few pounds to WeiJ's appearance so I felt compelled to let him show his properly proportioned build. :)

Ornaments seem to have a prominent symbolic role this year. I love this photo - WeiJ reaching out to an ornament that LaoLao bought from the Tianjin orphanage, handcrafted by the kids as part of their annual fundraiser. We have three hanging on the tree, and each time I see one it's a little bittersweet. I can't help but think of all those sweet faces so proud to show off their work...and in my heart hoping that they'll all find families of their own to cherish them.

I wanted to buy a special ornament this year to commemorate our first year together. Could it get more perfect than this Willow Tree, called Angel's Embrace? The tagline that goes along with it is "Hold close that which you hold dear."
OK I promise that's the last of the sentimental sap for today. Here are a few of my favorite shots from today....


And no, our beebo obsession hasn't quite faded yet...
By the end of the session, it was pretty clear that WeiJ thought he was looking pretty good. Here's Mr. GQ Smooth working his modeling repertoire:

*sigh* Is that a handsome kid or what?? Love that outfit too - it's like a glimpse of FutureWeiJ. He looks so grown up!

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Look at that handsome nephew of mine! He is the sweetest and most charming young man I know!!! (but Ayi is not partial)