Monday, December 29, 2008

Quick Snippets

So I'm sitting here listening to my goofball son trying desperately to keep himself awake. The volume gets louder the more tired he gets - at this rate I'm assuming the house will fall silent here soon. He isn't crying, he isn't whining...just talking to himself very loudly. It gets quiet for a moment, followed by a burst of words in ever-increasing volume. I hear Mama about every 2 or 3 words, along with celery, bread (in his new deeeep South accent, it's sort of like braey-id), cereal, snowman, elbow, Elmo, and his usual rollcall of family. I can't wait until he's able to put words together and express full thoughts. Such a character!

WeiJ has broken out a new expression that I'll hopefully catch on film soon. I suspect it may be a mirror image of my "stern" look - yes, the one he's probably been seeing more often as we have more and more of those boundary testing days. It's so hard to keep from laughing to see those little brows furrow in his little disapproving "I mean it" way. I should be fully gray by the time he's 3. ;)

I got an email today reminding me to schedule my 6-month post placement visit with my social worker. I can't believe this week marks 4 months already! I know I've said it several times before, but it's odd how it can feel like so long ago and just yesterday all at once. You mean there was life before WeiJ??

No comments: