Saturday, December 27, 2008

Fsssssh!

Boy oh boy did this kiddo have a great day today!

ShuShu, Ayi and Uncle K came by to pick us up and take us to... Sea World! What better place for a boy fascinated by fish? After today, I'd say we'll be getting our money's worth out of this season pass! Our first show of the day was the sea lion/walrus show, and WeiJ stood on my lap with his eyes wide and finger pointing at the action. I'm not sure if he knew what to make of it all but he sure seemed to enjoy it. We stopped in at the penguin exhibit on our way to the Shamu show ... and by the time that one started, I could tell he was about to hit his limit of what he could process for one day. But then at the end of the show when Shamu jumps out of the water to touch the big ball hanging from the ceiling, WeiJ was asking for more! I was ready for that one to be over though - the theme of the show was Miracles and kept talking about the miracle of children in our lives. Like I needed to hear any of that to help push me over the edge these days? I'm not sure how much more of it I could have listened to. La-la-la, look at the whales, la-la-la. He was asleep by the time we got to the dolphin tank and the reef exhibit, but after he woke up he enjoyed those too. We got to lean over the wall to watch the dolphins in the pool, and even ended the day by being splashed. He was one happy camper all day and took about 5 minutes to fall fast asleep tonight. I can't wait for March when the park officially opens for the 2009 season. So much to see and do!

Once again, no photos yet. Maybe Monday...

1 comment:

Kevin, Jake and Violet said...

Wow. We are so jealous! I wondered if Sea World still was going strong down there. I was there in 1996, and with Jake's love of fish it definitely is on our list of things to do. So glad you had happy holidays, though I guess that was a given for all of us. :)

Violet