WeiJ has taken a shine to a Curious George doll that was given to him this Christmas by Ayi's grandparents. He's been exposed to dolls before since I had a ridiculous collection for him, but he never showed any real interest until George came along. I'm getting to see a new side of WeiJ's personality and it's interesting to watch his interaction. (Well I guess maybe interaction isn't really the right word since it's pretty one-sided, but hey.) He's such the little nurturer, hugging George and putting him in the chair to "feed" him. One day I found a cup of packaged noodles sitting in front of George, and the other night I saw WeiJ using a spoon and his empty snack trap to feed him. I asked what George was eating, and WeiJ matter-of-factly told me it was cereal. Today I brought George in the room for naptime and WeiJ snuggled with him while we read and was hugging him with both arms when I closed the door. I'm just not sure it could get any cuter. But it's not just that it's cute - it's that it's one more sign of secure attachment and a reflection of his perception of how he's been cared for in his life. The fact that I get to see more of what's in his sweet little heart is just a beautiful bonus. :)
1 comment:
Awww! I knew there was something special when George was allowed to ride in the block cart. How sweet that he not only understands kindness and caring, but is choosing to give it. : )
Post a Comment