Where did the week go?? WeiJ has been in ummm, TWO mode all week. Maybe that's why no inspiration has struck about what to write! That is, until I was on the phone with my local Costco store a few minutes ago. Every time I said "thank you," that set off a chain of at least another half dozen "thank you"s from my little sidekick here. I sure am loving that he's taken so well to this particular behavior, and all on his own!
More cuteness: he's doing great at taking his books off the bookcase one at a time, and then - believe it or not - putting them back on the shelf!! There are a few strays here and there, but for the most part he's caught on really well. Now if only I could find a solution for his other toys! I know, I know. He's 20 months!
And even more cuteness: he's been going to sleep on his own for quite a while now. I don't even leave the door propped open when I leave the room anymore. The routine helps, I think. We read a few books, then he gets under the covers and snuggles with the monkey. The last book I just recite (The Going to Bed Book) and he fills in the missing words. He pats my pillow and says "mama" so I can tell him he can lay down on my pillow. He ALWAYS smiles so big at that and burrows in deep. After that I tuck him in and plant a few too many kisses on his giggling head, and as I'm leaving the room I've been singing this silly little "nightnight" song that started when we were in China. Except instead of "nightnight, baby" I use his name instead. He SHRIEKED with laughter the first time I did that! Silly kid. Anyway, tonight I guess I hadn't started the song yet because I was still picking up his clothes, so he went ahead and started it for me. SO cute! And he could do the same tune, too. Awwww. :)
I Could Never
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment