So I'm adding the last ingredients to our dinner when I hear an insistent "EH!" behind me. I turn around, and there's WeiJ with his socks in one hand (nothing new) and ... uh oh, his PANTS in the other. Guess who has figured out how to undress himself.... I'm in trouble when he starts undoing that diaper!
He's actually been having a pretty good week, mood-wise. He's still a little clumsy and cries uncontrollably at the drop of a hat but fortunately those clouds pass pretty quickly and he's back to his chatty, silly self. He's passed the 100 mark for words and seems to be gearing up for another vocab explosion soon.
We've gone back for our 2nd attempt at a social security card but unfortunately got a very hesitant person who wasn't sure she wanted to accept our paperwork as sufficient for proving his birthdate. I'm not sure if she expected China to publish a birth certificate that looks identical to the state-issued ones here, or what -- but at any rate his case is "under investigation" until she can resolve whatever hangup she has. Frustrating!!
Oh well, no time to linger on being frustrated. There is much too much fun to be had in the next couple of weeks, PLUS we will be doing our 6-month post-adoption homestudy! I guess time flies when you're chasing a toddler! :)
I Could Never
16 years ago
1 comment:
I'd be frustrated too! Sometimes I think there's just a tad too much job security for goverment employees....with the hubs in the military, 70% of the services we are required to use are GS run...always an unpredictable experience. Hope it all works out soon and your paperwork somehow finds it's way into the hands of someone who cares and wants to moves some mountains!
Post a Comment