Sunday, January 11, 2009

100% Boy

OK, so some photo shoots end sooner than others...
Every time I put this shirt on WeiJ, I think back to the time a few months ago when I ended up kicking myself for missing the perfect shot - WeiJ standing in the doorway with his "100 % Boy" shirt on, thumbs hooked on his belt loops and his head thrown back in full meltdown mode. Apparently I just needed to be patient.
I wasn't planning on taking photos today, but he ran back to his room after naptime and came back with his jaunty little hat. I figured he'd had 13 hours of sleep last night followed by a 3 1/2 hour nap this afternoon - he should be in a good mood to cooperate. The light by the window seemed just right for some nice shots, so I grabbed the camera. He was just too cute not to photograph!
He was happy to oblige at first and I got a couple of ok shots like this one. That's right, 100% Boy - with crumbs on his face, messy hair and a cockeyed hat.
Unfortunately when I moved him to the other room for better light, he stopped to pick up his sippy cup on the way. Still got that Boy attitude, though!
I just like this one - he decided he needed to sit on his "chair" for the photos and was inviting me to sit with him. Apparently the tubs from his Duplo sets are the perfect height and width for him to sit on - or straddle, in this case. 100% Boy!
I got tired of shooting with the sippy cup stuck to his face. He wasn't even drinking from it anymore, just holding it in his mouth. I had the audacity to ask him to take the cup out of his mouth. Look at that expression! Can you see that reluctance to comply??
He handed me the cup and I said Thank You, then put it up on the table behind me. Then apparently it hit him that he wasn't liking the idea very much.
At all.
And then I think my laughter at that look on his face pushed him over the edge.

I know it probably sounds terrible that I love these photos, but I think they're adorable! I promise, I covered him in smooches after I stopped laughing!


3 comments:

Chelle said...

Ok - is it wrong to love the crying series most!? I mean, look at that lip and the tears and the eyes. Wow. That is certainly a moment!

FHL said...

Poor little guy, but those are ADORABLE shots that you got!!!

Love his little tee!

Kevin, Jake and Violet said...

I just love the lip! Too cute.

Violet