Thursday, January 8, 2009

Almost Caught Up!

After Wednesday's pedi visit, WeiJ is almost caught up with all of his shots. He only had to have 2 today and has 2 left -- which the doctor said could wait until his 2-year-old visit. Woohoo! He hasn't grown any vertically since last month, but has put on another pound and a half to put him right at the 30 pound mark. Imagine if I was feeding him junk food instead of what he's been eating...he'd be a tank!

I finally got his book shelf/display in and set up in his room. I decided not to get the traditional kind since he can't read the titles on the spines yet, so instead I got the kind that holds the books with the covers facing forward. It was almost like a second Christmas morning for him to walk into his room and see all of his books displayed! Of course he promptly pulled them all out to look at them and then left them on the floor.... At just shy of 20 months, he has quite a collection of books already. I'm sure that's why his vocabulary is what it is & I love that he's at the point now where I can let him fill in words as I read out loud. It just so happens that the Going to Bed Book is written with a few pages ending with words that he knows and likes to say. So I'll read everything up to the end, then pause and he'll finish off. Like, they hang their towels on the ... waaalllll! Or With some on top and some beneath, they brush and brush and brush their... teeth!

Today I heard his very first "thank you"! He asked for a piece of dried cherry and I think the "thank you" came out before he realized it. He even used the same intonation that I usually do. I asked him if he just said thank you, and he broke out in this bashful little grin like dang, she noticed... and clammed up for a minute before feeling confident enough to give it another try. I made such a squealing fuss over it that for the rest of the night he kept saying it just for the reaction. He's such a fun kid. :)

No comments: