Monday, January 19, 2009

Ahhh, Long Weekends!

Thankfully, the mood around here is much better - less whining and crying, more squeals and laughs. Saturday he stopped in his tracks in front of the tv, mesmerized by the Planet Earth DVD. I'm not sure which was cuter - his excited exclamations of TURTLE! at the baby turtles hatching and heading for the ocean, or his wide-eyed WHOAHHH! WHOAHHH! at the crashing waves that tumbled those poor turtle babies all over the place. These discs make ME go wow, so I can't even imagine what it's doing to his spongy little brain! I think he (and the cat) could watch the ocean segments for hours on end without getting tired of it. He woke up in another better mood Sunday, too. All morning we seemed to not be able to stop doing the tribal fish chant from Nemo ... ah-oo-ah-e-ah-o-o-o .... And to top it all off, I have my snugglebug back. This morning I woke up with him using me as a pillow, and for 20 minutes he just wanted to lay there and have his back rubbed. Now that's a nice way to start any Monday morning, and the fact that I had the day off just made it that much better! He'd been taking attendance every couple of hours since Sunday (FooFoo? ZaZa? Lelo?...that's ShuShu, Ayi, and Uncle K in WeiJ-ese) so he was happy to get the chance to spend the afternoon hanging out with ShuShu and Ayi. A little lunch, a little shopping, a lot of tickling...a good afternoon all in all.

No comments: