Oh my. Some kind of switch flipped with WeiJ and his whole energy has just been ... draining. He can still be very funny, very sweet, very much the same squishable boy he's been for the last almost 5 months. (Wow, almost 5!) But he can also be a whining, screaming, tantrum-throwing and exasperating child. And yes, that's an AND and not an OR -- the perfect storm. I thought I'd have a little longer before we reached this stage, but I guess we're starting a little early. All I can do is hope he stays on his advanced track and moves past it quickly too!
So on weeks like this, I tend to write less as I struggle to find anecdotes to share. For this week I can share that I *think* he may have started counting! Ayi heard him saying something that sounded like "one, two" as he dropped his blocks into his wagon and I've noticed him touching things in a line as if he was counting them in his head. I think I need to go shop for more shirts with words and numbers on them - that's how he learned the letters T,E,X,A and S ... and he learned 2 and 1 from my Spurs shirt with Tim Duncan's number on it. I guess this also means I need to be careful what I wear since he'll be able to read before I know it!
And finally ... since it's the weekend before Lunar New Year it seemed like the time to go ahead and cut my hair! I've been growing it out since I started the adoption process. It was a way for the months to mean something and end up with some value besides being lost time. It was a visual reminder of time passing and hopefully getting closer to the child who I held in my heart. And it was a way to do something for another child since I couldn't yet do anything for mine. Now that I can finally donate it, the wait will also have benefitted some boy or girl who will be the recipient of my 17" contribution to Locks of Love. When it was all said and done, my hair was 20" shorter than when I walked into the salon! WeiJ hasn't woken up from his nap yet, so I'm still waiting to see his reaction. I should have pictures of us this weekend sometime, so stay tuned!
I Could Never
15 years ago
1 comment:
Oh wow!!! I can't wait to see your hair! : )
Post a Comment