So...after several restless days and nights, the dust at work seems to be starting to settle.
The good news is I'm still employed. Yay!
And I get to continue working from home. Yay!
But after 15 years in the same division, I'm off to new waters and feeling a *teensy* bit of stress over it. I know -- I'm lucky to still be swimming at all. At least I had a couple of months back at work before having to test this whole "life/work balance" thing!
WeiJ's been a little silly, a little fussy, a little under the weather this week. In between testing limits and blowing his nose, he is also apparently working on another vocabulary explosion. Just today, he copied me when I said "blackberry" (and yes, it was the fruit and not the gadget!) and - this one was inevitable - Costco!
Tomorrow we're headed to WeiJ's first luncheon with the group of families with kids adopted from China (FCC). One more chance to dress up in his silks while these still fit, and he'll get to see the lion dance again up close. Should be fun!
I Could Never
15 years ago
2 comments:
I'm glad your job is still safe and you get to keep working from home. I was thinking about you the other day when I saw how badly they were doing.
I, too, am trying new waters (and hopefully not trying the patience of my boss.) While I love my job, I feel guilty that I'm not putting in the hours that I did. It's stressful, that's for sure. Good luck with the transition.
Violet
Post a Comment