Sometimes I forget that WeiJ notices everything. And then he'll do something that reminds me that I'd better watch what I say and do, even when I think he's not paying attention. Ever since we were in China, he has seemed to get a kick out of being asked to throw things away. "Can you put this in the trash for me?" is usually met by a grin and the patter of (not so) little feet running to the nearest trash can. It never occurred to me that he was figuring out the difference between what items go in the trash vs recycle based on what I gave him and which trash can I steered him to. Earlier this week, I went to take the bags out for trash day and sitting right on top of the recycle pile was WeiJ's green sports bottle. Apparently it was completely logical to put it there after he finished his water - since that's where Mama's empty water bottles go! Yes WeiJ - Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
I'm almost embarassed to admit that one of his new words this week is TV. He LOVES watching Planet Earth, especially any segments involving fish. I do let him watch PBS in the mornings while I come to life. That brought his next new word of the week: triangle! He's even been bringing me his wooden blocks to show me the triangle shapes.
He's such a funny little guy. Last night I decided to give tuna a shot to see if he'd eat some. I tried to make it fun for him and made a cute little plate with the tuna on crackers with spinach and cheese....and it looked like I had finally found a food he WOULDN'T eat. Until I wrapped the tuna in spinach, that is. What other kid in the world would THAT work with?
3 comments:
Yay! Recycling and spinach! Green is the word! Ayi is so proud! : ) I think this blog was supposed to be posted today... just for me after my long day at school!
lol that is too much. Tuna wrapped in spinach. Crazy kid!
Wouldn't work for mine! I am continually amazed by just how smart your little man is!!! He's amazing!
Post a Comment