Wednesday, August 27, 2008

T Minus 22 Hours!

What profound thoughts are in my head this morning?

Me sleepy.

Yeah, that's about all I've got. Because if I LET myself think about all that has to be done in the next 22 1/2 hours I might just go a little batty!

But what gets finished will get finished and what won't, won't. I'll just be making the extra trips to Wal Mart in China instead of the Wal Mart down the street. Oops, should I be painting this as some kind of exotic adventure? I think the Olympics coverage let the cat out of the bag a little bit - we won't exactly be roughing it.

Well this may be my last post from the US, depending on how the day goes. Things are still surprisingly calm. Granted, I've experienced the occasional flip out over people - or inanimate objects - not doing their jobs, but generally speaking my energy level isn't as high strung as I would have guessed. The only things that really matter are that I'm going to China tomorrow, and going to meet my little guy in 4 1/2 days. What more really matters?

Next stop: Beijing!

3 comments:

FHL said...

Have a wonderful trip my friend! Can't wait to read about all the wonderful moments with your little man!!! :o)

Kevin, Jake and Violet said...

OK, Kevin already looked at your site earlier, but I just had to post to wish you good luck! From your live traffic feed, it looks like we're stalking you! Best of luck, and you'll probably see our hometown pop up on the LTF numerous times in the next two weeks.

Violet

P.S.: You're going to China!!!!!!!! Tell Baby J we said hi! :)

FHL said...

Thinking about you and Baby J and hoping you had a smooth flight :o)

Hugs,
M~