Alright, let's just get it out in the open. Baby J, your mama's a great big sap.
Nothing like getting ready to get on a plane to go change your life forever to get a person to get a *teensy* bit reflective. I was sitting here earlier and scrolling through the visitor ticker to see who had stopped by. I love having that there and it always makes me smile. Not because you all are coming to read my rambling ways but because you are all part of the immeasurable love that is about to surround this little guy. I hear so many stories about adoptive parents-to-be who find themselves alone in the journey or are criticized or find that their children are unexpectedly shunned. Honestly that possibility never crossed my mind, and you all are proving me right. To see how many people are rejoicing with me is something beyond moving, something beyond special, something I will keep in my heart forever.
To my family and friends, I say thank you for being by my side in this journey. I can't wait to start telling Baby J his adoption story and about how many people watched and waited for his arrival, ready to embrace him with more love than anyone could ever imagine. The gifts, the comments, the emails, the support...well I'm not sure how much fuller my heart could be.
To my waiting friends who are mommies and daddies to be, I say hang in there! I look forward to celebrating each of your happy arrivals in their time. Your support and encouragement over the past couple of years has been so special and I'm grateful that you've been part of my adoption journey. I wish all of you peace during your wait and truly look forward to each and every announcement.
So much about this journey has been a series of unexplainable circumstances that led me to Baby J. Whatever the reason, we must have been meant to find each other. I'll share more about those in a separate post one day soon. For now, I'll just say the journey so far has been amazing and I consider myself blessed in more ways than I can count.
I Could Never
16 years ago
1 comment:
I love going through this experience with you. Since I just went through it, I know what is ahead of you and I can't wait until you see him and hold him for the first time. It really is indescribable. Have you ever bought someone a really nice gift for x-mas or a birthday and you couldn't wait for them to open it. You had such excitement that you felt you couldn't quite wait for that day. That's kind of what I feel like. I know what you are getting and the feelings that rush through you and I can't wait until you "open" (or see) your gift.
Post a Comment